Was it me? Or the news? Or my politically-informed friends? I traveled with a constant fear of what’s going to happen next during this trip- (we're only insured by the classic plan which isn't highly compensated-) Knowing that the very place that I’ll be setting foot on wasn’t safe and having Kenneth highlight that there are massive protesters~ I’m worried yet tried to convinced myself that news tend to amplify matters and Bangkok isn’t that small to begin with- AND I have friends praying for me!
With that said, I’m happy just being home! =)
Allow me to have a run through of this amazing shopping experience!
140607 (Thurday)
Janice’s daddy drove us to the airport & we check-in our luggage with a total weight of 14kg. We had ‘go-go’ lunch at the airport and were really ready to GO! *haha!
All hyped up and attempt to finalize our itinerary (which we din manage to keep to) on the plane…
Landed safely and went to the basement of the airport to take a cab to our hotel.
Check-in to the first house hotel, grabbed our shopping bags (literally) and off we went to Pratunam & Pantip! We were all geared up to head towards Baiyoke tower for dinner at the peak. Unfortunately, something unpredictable happened.
We were happily shopping along the streets and navigating our way to Baiyoke sky tower… the streets were bustling with cars cruising just inches away from us with air quality very different from Singapore. Unknown whether its due to the weather, excessive walking, the air or the tiresome bargaining or the combination... I nearly fainted outside Baiyoke sky hotel.
Being a ‘frequent-fainter’, I was well aware of the symptoms that signal the upcoming disaster. the girls brought me to a nearby shopping centre to rest. I was stared at by the curious passer-bys but when your head is spinning like mine, image is the last time that bothers. I just wanted to stand up, get to the restaurant and breathe all the oxygen I can. Ting bought me orange juice & the stall owner gave me her mineral water too! Even the cleaner asked if I was okie! Wonderful people!!
With the help of the girls, I picked myself up and grabbed a cab outside Baiyoke sky. We planned to travel back to the hotel and buy dinner back later at night. Luckily, with the air-con blowing at me I felt better in the cab- change of plans, driver drove us to a nearby restaurant to dine, went back to the hotel to un-load and thereafter head to Suam-Lum Night Bazaar- all for just 150baht!!
Suam-Lum Night Bazaar
Footnote
-I’m still capable of fainting (damnit!)
-I’m blessed with wonderful friends.
-Got our best taxi bargain!- 3 locations for 150baht!
-Suam-Lum is not the place to buy things unless you want to be a cai-tou!! *angry!!
150607 (Friday)
We casually walked through the streets of Pratunam and our shopping bags were already filled with the many bags, shoes, tops and clothes we bought. Thereafter we went platinum! It’s filled with small shops that can make u shop till u drop! Literally!
Our mid day stocks
Back to hotel to unload before moving on to mbk for dinner at
Swenson ice cream for dessert
Our end of 2nd day stocks!!!
Footnote
-Don't buy bags from Pratunam nor platinum
-Don't buy perfume from bbk cos they are not authentic!
-Buy belts from Pratunum! the red belt i got from far east (S$15) was going for just S$2!!
-Buy all the bags you want from mbk! That’s the cheapest deal around- 199baht! (S$9)
160607(Saturday)
All hyped up to go to the famous weekend market. I went there before and knew that with the stagnant heated air, there is a high possibility I’ll faint in one of the alley and quietly die there! So the first thing I did was to equip myself with the hello kitty fan- 10 baht! (45 cents)
It’s a damn big market with things ranging from clothes, shoes, antiques to plants & even exotic pets!
Shopped for around 5 hours and we were all dreaded! BUT we got the cheapest bargain EVER!!
We decided to go mbk to clear the remaining cash! Had pizza for late lunch! (Can't finish it and we *da bao for dinner! *haha- damn cheapo tourist k!)
Pizza Place
On our way back to hotel, we had the ride of our life! the tuk-tuk driver was literally racing on the roads of bangkok! luckily it was raining- so the air wasn’t steaming with exhaust gases. The driver drove like James bond as he compete with his fren’s tuk tuk to reach the final destination. (with our life at risk!) but it was super fun! damn exciting can!
I left my hp in the hotel and it was
placed nicely beside the pillow when we return!
Footnote
-Shop @ Chatuchak to get the best bargain ever! Esp for clothes!!
-Never take the meter-cab cos they’ll take the longest route ever and time is money k! (the usual cab will take at most 15mins while the meter cab took 1hour15mins to bring us from Chatuchak to mbk!)
170607 (Sunday)
Woke up early to have our breakfast and set off to the airport 2.5 hours in advance. Check-in our stuff and guess how much our luggage weigh? Approx. 50kg in total (excluding hand carry bags)
Total Damage: S$850
Footnote
I’m such a blessed, happy, lucky and fortunate girl! It’s a designated shopping trip but amidst the shopping schedule, one get to experience their culture & their way of life and with that, I truly appreciate all I’ve got. My friends, my family and importantly my country.
Thanks to Ting & Janice, I had a great shopping experience! You girls are forever caring & tolerant~ love both of u losta!! The experience wouldn’t be as fun without the company of 2 angelic beings~ 'my mummy & baby 1'!!
I love my family! Missed their tender loving care and I realized once again the sacrifices they’ve made for me and how pampered I’ve been!



















No comments:
Post a Comment