A walk in the Park
We took a walk in the park(s) early Saturday morning.
Starting Point: NUS
Gwen’s ending point: Alexandra Arch
Team’s ending point: Harbourfront
Starting Point: NUS
Gwen’s ending point: Alexandra Arch
Team’s ending point: Harbourfront

Canopy Walk
-------------------------------------------
Accident Prone
Accident Prone
I suggested taking the ‘mid-air’ shot on the Alexandra Arch and so we threw our loads off our shoulders and took our jump. At JJ’s count of 3 that we leaped and try to reach for the sky! And, so we did.
And suddenly, there came a sharp pain at the back of my lower legs, and I landed on my bum instead of my feet. Curse my retired muscles. I googled and learned that I suffered a calf strain. This injury happens during acceleration or changes in direction. The torn calf muscle may spasm, and contract forcefully. Bruises show up in the foot and ankle due to pooling of blood from internal bleeding.
Calf strains may be minor or very severe and physician grade the injury according:
· Grade 1 Calf Strain : The muscle is stretched causing some small micro tears in the muscle fibers. Full recovery takes approximately two weeks.
· Grade 2 Calf Strain : There is partial tearing of muscle fibers. Full recovery takes approximately 5-8 weeks.
· Grade 3 Calf Strain : This is the most severe calf strain with a complete tearing or rupture of muscle fibers in the lower leg. Full recovery can take 3-4 months and, in some instances, surgery may be needed.
According to the diagnosis of the patient herself, she is suffering from Grade 1 Calf Strain. =) I’ll grab some anti-inflammation medication later and self-medicate . AND I promise myself to exercise, at least a little, from now on.
-------------------------------
(Portek)-ing
(Portek)-ing
Thereafter, I went to join my dearies at client’s place to continue work on a Saturday afternoon. I simply love the company of my evil twin, Jiahui and our self-declared mom, zzx. They were such great colleagues to work with that even though we’re working with shit, we are having fun in it.
We were newly promoted (wef 1 July) and were tasked to do things expected from an A11 overnight. I think they are trying to kill the A11s on the job! Or maybe it’s their master plan to make us exchange our resignation letter for the promotion letter that we’re expecting to receive.
If not for my dearest colleagues, I foresee myself writing a suicide note instead of doing the WIP movement. HAA... Okie, I am exaggerating.
Aside, I am the captain planet on the job! Totally environmental friendly and loving it! =D
Aside, I am the captain planet on the job! Totally environmental friendly and loving it! =D
------------------------
Art of Shopping
I bought 2 pair of yoga pants and a set of bikini from Victoria Secret’s.
I personally fancy shopping for American apparels cos I fit a size S there! *wahaha! Nah! Randomly, I was telling my evil twin that I wanna move to America in case I hurt my back again. And she said that’s the most absurd thing she hv ever heard. *erps!
Back to shopping, I particularly like the quality of the products received. The shipment took abt 2 weeks from US. The color did not differ much from the picture and the measurements were pretty accurate too. =)
Art of Shopping
I bought 2 pair of yoga pants and a set of bikini from Victoria Secret’s.
I personally fancy shopping for American apparels cos I fit a size S there! *wahaha! Nah! Randomly, I was telling my evil twin that I wanna move to America in case I hurt my back again. And she said that’s the most absurd thing she hv ever heard. *erps!
Back to shopping, I particularly like the quality of the products received. The shipment took abt 2 weeks from US. The color did not differ much from the picture and the measurements were pretty accurate too. =)
Advice: Please do look at the measurements and not assume sizes, I bought a far too big VS top last year and its still sitting in my waredrobe, brand new.
I personally like the inseam measurements for yoga pants.
Cos Gwen have slim long legs!! *haha!

And the mix-and match of the perfect bikini.
I chose the below match for some very professional reasons! *wink
There are endless temptations on the web when it comes to online shopping since a purchase is just a click away and the pretty little black dress will appear on your door step 2 weeks later with a credit card bill attached. I’m so head over heels over VS 7-in-1 dress and 100 ways convertible bra. *hello! It’s SO economical!!
No comments:
Post a Comment