Sunday, January 04, 2009

Spring Cleaning in Progress…

Spend my entire weekend spring clearing just my study room...


Staring at the amount of things I have…


I must have been a VERY sentimental little girl back then.

I still have…

~ the extracts from my primary school newsletters…
~ all the letters we exchanged in secondary school…
~ the movie ticket from my first date…
~ the dry petals from my first bouquet…
~ the candle from the first candlelight…
~ the mirror we put at the entrance of 214 classroom…


and I’m still keeping all of them! So much about the packing and unpacking crap! The quantity of my collection did not decrease much! *opps!


“Sometimes, things are kept not for remembering,

but to prevent one from forgetting…”


-the mirror at the entrance of our classroom-



-a pink knitted bag-
ps: I dunno how to knit.
Hence, I admire him for learning it from a library book. =)

-my 'limited edition' cue cards-


While I was unpacking, cleaning, throwing, repacking… I re-read some random letters I picked up…

Re-reading the letters made me realize obvious lessons that people tried to teach me but I failed to learn when I was young and immature.

My stubbornness coupled with perfectionist nature is the best weapon to kill any perfect relationship I had.

-------------------------------

a few beautifully written extracts from the many letters I re-read today.
Left anonymous.


~

“Let me remind you the strength

to carry on in pursuit of life’s happiness

reside deep within you.

So, take heart in that, dear.”

~
“Thinking of it, what ended will start again next year,

what started will eventually come to an end.
Life is a cycle; every form of life is a cycle to examine,

an occurrence that astounds us, a power to be reckoned with.

So when does our cycle starts or ends?

Nobody knows.”

~

No comments: