Wednesday, June 24, 2009

reality check

Promotion/Progression

Hanging out with colleagues will always lead to discussion on promotion, gossips, rumors, speculations, etc.

2 out of the 4 lists are out. And one of which only promoted 40% of their employees. Another promoted based on merit.

It din bother me at first. Cos to me, so long I’ve done the job to the best of my ability, appraisal is not within my control. Different people have different basis of assessment ... and hence, how you fair will largely be based on luck.

But I think it’ll really suck if we put in our best and yet not be promoted. Prolly cos we din suck up to certain people whom we should have? And worse, the system is so transparent you’ll know exactly who is and who is not promoted within the firm.

List will be out on Tuesday...
Till then, I shouldn’t be bothered by anything not within my control. =)


~
Mini Bday Celebration

Dinner with clique was not as spontaneous fun as it used to be. I think the guys agreed on some taboo before I reach. *haha! And i was having a bad migraine...


Happy Birthday Ah Ting & Kwok~




~
Random Shots to remember

Wala Wala @ Holland Village_010509
Kwok playing with my camera…


Ben & Jerry @ Dempsey_010509


June Camp with my kids_300509 to 310509

Really enjoyed myself. Away from work. Away from politics. Talking to people who really mean what they say and say what they mean is such simple pleasure. No reading between the lines required.

As many mentors will agree with me… it’s the kids who keep bringing us back!

Gotta know smiley Jeremy, chatty Wan Chee, growing up Angel and one-of-a-kind Yiwen. =)

They trusted me. And once you gain the trust and respect of the little ones, you better make sure you keep all your promises cos they’ll remember!

Also, my darlings from Yishun.

Haven’t been teaching her although I have her whole program planned out at the beginning of the year. And she jus informed me she failed her math! That’s one of her most confident subject! I’ve made this commitment to teach her personally or coach her mentor if I can’t be there myself! She is too brilliant to afford any screw up this year!


Smartie Yanling



My adorable little girl. Know what she asked me during the camp?
‘Can I sleep with you tonight?’
How innocent! =)
The way she speaks of her little sister reminds me of Jie & I and how we used to be. =)


adorable little Cheryl



Dinner with DT Clique_310509

Our matching T-shirts. =)


'Don't blame me! My evil twin did it!'


'I'm the evil twin.'


~


Sometimes to get what you want the most,
you have to do what you want the least.

No comments: