Friday, July 31, 2009

Orientation @ St. Regis

People who are up there can speak of their journey and assure us that there will be resources whenever we require.

Yes, they speak of opportunities to learn, of being a manager in 4 years time, of being exposed to things you’ll never imagine if not for audit, of making friends and not just colleagues.

I agree to them all.

However, the question is- if that is what I really want.

I’ve had yo-yo thoughts for most of last week. For a moment, I wanted to stay because the reason to quit seems to revolve around people and fears. Of which, both will exist in and out of audit.

-

A peak makes one age 7 years and perhaps 10 if we stored up the anger. We’ve gone through two peaks and had our fair share of what it takes to be an aging auditor.

Yes, one can learn a lot from audit. But one can learn anywhere! It’s not so much the experiences but the attitude that makes the difference.

So what if you can be a manager in 4 years? What do you have to forgo to get there? family time, youth, sleep, health, passion and many other things that make up a life. Is it worth it? We only live once. We're only 24 once.

We make friends in and out of work. And I’m glad I’ve got my clique of 10. That’s enough. By friends, I mean sincere people who will be there when you need them. And they want nothing but the best for you.

Not people who will help you climb the ladder. Bad planning you may call it. But that is what makes the going easier and tolerable. If you’re knowing people just because they will be useful for network in future, I hope you do have a number to call when you want to talk about your feelings, your fears, and your plans.

I’m pretty sure of what I want now.
I want to leave.

asap
~

~
If you can live without it for a month,
you can live without it forever


.

No comments: