Sometimes you just get too tired
of trying to hold things together…
of pleasing one another…
of explaining your point of view…
of trying to understand another…
of trying to compromise…
of telling yourself it’s okay when it is not…
~
When I walked away alone,
I wish for the next car beam to be his.
I wish for him to emerge from the car.
I wish for him to smile at me, to hug me and tell me everything is okay!
I wish for him to take me with him.
And so, I wished…
~
It pains me when he had to vent his frustration on the pot & pans.
I wondered if he felt the same.
of trying to hold things together…
of pleasing one another…
of explaining your point of view…
of trying to understand another…
of trying to compromise…
of telling yourself it’s okay when it is not…
~
When I walked away alone,
I wish for the next car beam to be his.
I wish for him to emerge from the car.
I wish for him to smile at me, to hug me and tell me everything is okay!
I wish for him to take me with him.
And so, I wished…
~
It pains me when he had to vent his frustration on the pot & pans.
I wondered if he felt the same.
~
I believe anyone can be
fiercely independent if they want to be.
Or at least appear to be.
Or at least appear to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment