Thursday, January 18, 2007

::psyco lesson::

Was tasked to think about some mind boggling matters in psyco class today~

Like say one stressful situation and how you cope with it~

Then we're supposed to categorize them into cognitive, behavioral, emotional etc. and adaptive or mal-adaptive...

I recalled going for my previous psyco module and the structure was of a similar nature~ jus talking things out like you do to a therapist just that there are 20 odd people staring at you while you confess... so the situation by itself is intimidating & stressful~

Okie~ i tried to think of stressful situations~
nothing came to mind...

"It is a curious fact that in bad days
we can vividly recall the good time that is past;
but in good days we have
only a very cold and imperfect memory of the bad."


But somehow I can recall methods i use to cope with problems~

Adaptive
-draw out pro-s vs con-s tables for decision making
-silently think and rationalize
-talk to friends~sometimes lead to solutions but mostly just to vent frustration
-organize and prioritize my commitments

Mal-adaptive
- eat a whole lot of chocolates!
-watch CNA - in a way, when I see the less privileged, life don't seem that bad after all
-crap it out on my blog
-retail therapy
-cry a whole lot
-eat losta FOOD
-take deep breath

-----------------

I know many guys like to play dota to make themselves think that the problem doesn't exist... this theory is tested and proven. *Haa... wake up darlingz! Don't live in denial le~

"A woman should understand a man more than she loves him;
a man should love a woman more than he understands her."

-------------------------

311 tutorial was quite fun thgz~ we're suppose to build the highest structure with poker cards! And guess what? Wayne had the kids play this game last year at cdac... and I adapted the ideas and so we started folding the cards instead of doing to conventional pyramid style~ hee... cool!! And I used eye power while my team worked cos I volunteered to be time keeper cum calculator~ aka slacker~opps*


okie, gotta make my long weekend meaningful lo!

No comments: