Saturday, April 28, 2007

***woohoo***

Cleared my FINAL exams! *woooshhh* that’s 2+6+4+2+3= 17 years of education… academically, what have I learned? In addition to the fundamentals of language, mathematics, science, geography & literature in secondary, I’ve devoted my 2 years in junior college focusing on mathematics, chemistry & physics- which have little congruency to my last 3 years of studies in ntu…

With the benefit of hindsight, one can see that his little girl have no idea what she wanted to do when she first started out. When I was small, I have little mind of my own. What I did was to follow my sis’s footsteps. She’s one year my senior, so I’ll go to the school she went (that’s all the way from kinder garden, primary, secondary, first 3 months to junior college), take the subjects she took, use the textbooks she used... whatever I did, I know Jie's looking over me. So, I’ll always be safe.

At the age of 19, I chose to embark on a different path as that lay ahead of me. It was then I became much more independent than I ever dream I'll be.

The hall experience- living away from home, doing laundry, cooking, eating out, cleaning, waking up… all the mundane stuff to be taken care of- myself.

And the struggle in uni year 2- when I was left at the crossroad, literally lost- not knowing where to turn, who to turn to. Trying so much to tell the whole world that I’m okie when I’m not even sure if I ever would be…

Anyway, with the benefit of hindsight, I truly appreciate everything that I’ve experienced in this long path of formal education. The wonderful educators that impact life and allow me to realize the wonders knowledge have on one…

But still, I question whether I’m in control or moving with the flow. I wonder, if I’m given a second chance, would I have chosen the same path?

That’s a good question which is still left unanswered.

In any case, I'll definitely make the best out of the circumstances i have now!

Amidst my predictably to-be-hectic work life, I’ll still be doing things I truly enjoy to make my life complete! I’ll be tutoring at CWP if time allows (yes! They finally replied me!! *grinz). I’ll be learning sign language & driving too!! (I figured out that it’s an essential skill to acquire~) and not forgetting cdac and tuition.

*yeap- I’m currently planning my upcoming 2 months holiday schedule… have to consolidate before moving on… and there's a whole lot to be done~

No comments: