Friday, June 12, 2009

When your best is still not good enough…

Gwen went back office while she’s on toil to do her appraisal for the 2.5 months engagement. On top of the usual E-easy appraisal, the AICs requested for self evaluation and ‘face2face’ discussion on the grading so we can ‘feedback’ immediately if we have any comments.

Long engagements are like marathon. One have to pace oneself accordingly be it work related or people management.

I did the best I could delivery with the time and resources. But it’s still a ME (ie. Meeting Expectation) from the very strict senior and Assistant Manager.

Happy to be complimented for…
- being able to delivery allocated work and help teammates whenever possible
- doing more than required of me for the engagement
- the quality of work delivered can be submitted to Senior Manager with minimal review
- good attitude and ability to build rapport with client

Going forward, gwen needs to be…
- be more skeptical and less stubborn
- more leadership
- inculcated efficiency in assistants and not being efficient yourself and help them with their unfinished work
- be politically right when sending email

Gwen dun like to talk to people who only know how to criticize but cannot accept criticism. At the least, you should LEAD BY EXAMPLE! I was super frank with all I had to say. I told her there could be better leadership and guidance from top down and that their emails were harsh and hence your assistants are pissed and when people are pissed, they won’t want to work for you. If you are a charismatic leader, people will be motivated and just work for you automatically! And guess what! she said she cannot show appreciation when they produce RUBBISH work for her!! argh~

Then, she dare comment on my email drafting… it happens as such… she arrowed us to follow up on prior year MLP on my last day on the engagement and hence I told her “I did what I can and feel that it’s more appropriate for the AICs to discuss with client since we did not do the sections and hence will not have adequate knowledge to discuss with client competently.” According to her, not politically correct directing it to the BOSS! Sigh~ was disappointed that they dare comment on my email drafting skills when they cannot even manage their people and still claim A11s should bridge the gap between A10s and Seniors.

Argh~
Sorry. but I’m super high on principles and values.

I’m who I am.
Take it or leave it.

No comments: