It's World Water Day!! 2007 theme: "Coping with water scarcity" This is definitely not a top priority issue for the general public here~ But i think its impt to appreciate things that we have and often take for granted. Clean Water.Health Care.Education.Clean Air- just to name a few...
------------------
I met this really cute kinder garden Indian boi on the train to school today. I was reading through my presentation speech when he walked into the train and sat beside me. then he ask his mummy to take out his English homework so that he can write on the train, just like I was doing then- holding his drawing paper and a pencil, he looked up at me. I smiled. He grinned.
he turned to look at me before alighting. he looked me into the eyes and waved goodbye, smiling. He even paused at the escalator, search for my eyes and waved goodbye again.
communication without a spoken word.
a sincere smile is all that's needed to make my day.
On the same train, a lady with a depression at her nose area- probably due to operation- was sitting opposite me. I instinctively looked away once we had eye contact. I know curiosity will make me stare and I think it's not nice to stare... since i've not fully registered the information of the perceived differences, I can't make myself acknowledge her by smiling. And so I looked away. Not disgusted. Just looked away-
I'm not sure if its because of me, or perhaps she forgot something, or izzit cos of the public, or whatever it might be, she alighted at the very next stop and board the train on the other side- going back to where she came from.
---------------------
perhaps what makes me so curious about them is because half the time they're staring at me too? *haa~ and my actions are just to reciprocal the attention received... *hummz
Psyco tutorial
We discussed about the 'emo- culture'. inspired by the Monday straits time article...
asked tutor about the final exams, only to realize that this module will not equip me with the information i expect to get.
-------------------
Wanted to visit Chek Jawa after reading 'feel Singapore' and hearing much about it- surf the web only to find out that the very heavy rainfall in Dec 06 - Jan 07, have caused significant changes in the marine environment around Chek Jawa. "The increased flow of freshwater has altered significantly the salinity of the water in a short period of time and caused widespread death of marine life that were not able to adapt quickly to the changes."
and so, there will not be any public tours to Chek Jawa until further notice.
Pretty sad news- all voicing down to one of the 3 Gs – Global Warming.
Met liu wei in FAL and we had lunch thereafter. *ah! It's so cool to hang out with old colleague again!!
--------------------
my heart was literally pounding before ab311 presentation. it went fine cos i was mostly reading from my 4 page script... *haa- and... just ONE more presentation to go-
---------------------
I need sleep. will plan primary 6 Maths test papers for the kids tml…
No comments:
Post a Comment