Sunday, June 22, 2008

journey of self-discovery

I was on toil last week (and two more weeks coming up!! =D), and I was nua enough to re-read my blog entries. I just regret not blogging earlier. Memories of my sec school, JC and Uni days are slipping away. I’m suffering from severe memory lost! Both short-term & long-term! *gosh!

I revisited old photos and blog entries and I thought… Did I look like that? *holy cow! The thick brows which looked like la-bi-xiao-xin, the tomboy short hair after every break-up, the plain pale face, the mismatch dress sense. *haha! I'm very confident to say that I've advanced.

Life is really an exciting & challenging journey of self-discovery.

And, I’m totally loving every moment!

----------------------
My new lappy background picture:

Row 1: (L to R) Jie, Kexin, Me, Meiqing
Row 2: Wenchang, Alvin, Meiting, Meiling
-------------

Random thoughts

Children suffer most in a divorce.
Crisis challenges the strength of the human spirit.
Suicide is an impulsive act of courage.
We are all in need of more love.
------------------

-Week on toil-

Thursday
Went back to work with dear Jiahui & minyi. Was only asked to do stat audit since some of the clients we need for D&I were not around. We happily went for long lunch at vivo and Sex and the City movie after work! Thumbs up! I've not watched such a fabulous movie for a very long time. It’s all about romance, friendship, pretty clothes and a little dose of sex. I simply love the scene with Carrie in her westwood gown, running out of her car and bashing Big’s damn face with the bouquet of wedding flower! And, the way she turned and fall into Charlotte's arms. I can rewatch it so many times and still continue to tear! *haha! And! I love her closet too! Which girl doesn’t?!?

@ vivo play space

Annie's last day of work!!


Friday
Went PS-Old School-Cathay-Esplanade with Elaine, Caiying & Jeannie.

@ the Old School

We were lucky to catch the 2092 exhibition


Thereafter, the girls went to watch the Kongfu Panda while I caught the Black Book, exclusive screening at the picturehouse. It’s a Dutch movie with an engaging plot about the final years of WWII.

In increasing preference of the 4 movies I watched just this month: Nania, Kongfu Panda, Black Book, Sex and the City.

Thereafter, we strolled to esplanade so to see the floating platform. And it was there we had a mini-bday celebration.

May all your wishes comre true dear girl!

-----------------------------------

Saturday
Ting & I went for BodyShop makeup workshop at Giraffe which cost $60 with $60 fully redeemable BodyShop makeup products. What a bargain yah!! We top the bill with another $100 individually cos we can’t resist the temptation of 30% off makeup accessories & foot mask products!!! *haha!!

Our bargains!!

Thereafter went for Mentor training at cdac HQ.

Mentoring teens in the internet age
With the use of sophisticated business models, there’s no surprise that there are far too many gaming addicts among youth nowadays. Happen to casual chat with a friend of mine, 19. She is a pathological Maple player. With pay of $2000/mth, she invests $300 to $400 on Maple and she got to know her previous 5 bf-s from Maple. She chose not to further her studies cos by doing so, she won’t have time for Maple. I’m not in the position to judge her upbringing and priorities in life. I just hope this is a phase which she’ll soon pass and move on.

Achieving breakthrough in learning difficulties.
I was reminded of something I should already know. Never judge people by the behavior but understand the cause of it.

Met up with D&T A10 colleagues jiahui, huiru, ruolin, jiajing, keat wee, stehanie, zhiyue, wendy at pasir ris park for our very own off-peak BBQ. It’s all relaxing BBQ, K-box, drinking, chit chatting from 6pm (Sat) to 6am (Sun).

~the BBQ~

~pitching the tent~

~9 of us~

~k-box~

~tired gwen & hyper jiahui~

Sipping Bailey's Irish Creme in the tent
(Look at some of our reddish face!!)

*cheers! Hope we can all 'tong' another year ahead!
We gotta celebrate our ‘anniversary’ on 2 July 2008 yea! =)


-Random-
Send in my Casio Z700 camera for repair on wed. We bought it last April with one year warranty for $399 and it’ll cost $195 to repair it now! People who know me will know how dearly I use my gadgets! Done our math & decided not to repair it with the service centre that did not provide ANY customer service at all. I swear never to buy Casio products ever again!! *angry!

-----------------------------------

Thank you-s!

=Pressie from colleagues who went overseas=

Thanks darling Elaine & Siming who delivered my BodyShop bargains to my house while i BBQ away at Pasir Ris! I'm totally blessed with wonderful friends in life!! **huggies**

Thanks emileo for renting the tent to us yah!

-----------------------------------------

Gwen’s non-exhaustive to-do list for the coming week
Driving Lessons
Shopping with CJH & MY
Lunch time concert @ Esplanade
Sign Language BS3
Meeting with Agent
Off peak Party @ Zouk
Girls’ pajamas Party
SHG mentoring
Flea market (29/06/08 from 9am to 6pm @ Jelutung C.C. feel free to drop by!!)

No comments: